On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the Amman Center for Human Rights Studies and the Amman Forum Society for Human Rights organized the graduation ceremony of the participants in classes 10th, 11th and 12th at the Jordanian Institute for Women Leaders.
In this 51 participants from Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Yemen and Sudan were awarded with their diploma and took their oath to become leaders of tomorrow and to bring positive example in the society. Speakers for the occasion were: His Excellency Peter McDougall, Canadian Ambassador, Mr. Ziad El Sheikh, UN Women’s Representative, Mr. Egidjius Navikas, Head of the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Jordan, Dr. Lubna Bayouq, Member of the Scientific Council at ACHRS and Mrs. Fatima Halima (Syrian) representing all women leaders graduated from the program.
Special mentions and thanks for their precious work during the entire program go to the trainers Dr. Ibrahim Hijazin, Dr. Hashem Nassar (lawyer) and Amani Oweis (lawyer), Islam Alzateemeh (lawyer), Raed al-Athamneh (lawyer), Manhal AlSuidh (lawyer), Salem Alqubailat (journalist) and Iman Ziadeh (poet).
The ceremony was moderated by the trainer and lawyer Amani Aweys and the coordinator of the International Relations Unit at ACHRS Danny Casprini.
A special thank goes to the director of the Center Dr. Nizam Assaf for the professionalism in supervising and managing the entire project, as well as for the organization of the event with precious support of all the Center stuff. Last, but not least, special mentions for Mohamed Sarsak, who took care of documenting the event, and to Keena Roarty and Elena Manfellotto (members of the International Relations Unit at ACHRS), who cure the live broadcast of the ceremony.
- To read the speech of Canadian Ambassador’s Peter MacDougall please click here
- To read the Speech of Mr. Egidijus Navikas, EU Delegation in Jordan, please click here
- To read the Speech of Mr. Ziad Sheikh, Representative, UN Women Country Office for the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan click here
- To read the Speech of Fatema Halema (Syria) on behalf of the Graduates click here
- To read the Speech of Graduates by Dr.Lubna Bayouq, member of Scientific Council of ACHRS, please click here
- To read ACHRS Oath of Women please click here