The Jordanian Network for Human Rights(JNHR) held a workshop on “Governance in the Management of Programs, Projects, Networks and Alliances of Civil Society Organizations” at the Solidarity Society hall in cooperation with the Association of Jordanian Women Solidarity (Solidarity) on Tuesday, 7/8/2018. The participants of the event were 15 members involving both genders.
The workshop presented a general introduction to the concept of governance, and discussed about the foundations and opportunities for networks and alliances to success practical applications. The Honorable Attorney Asma Khadr facilitated the training.
The workshop is part of the Jordanian Human Rights Network’s program with the aim to develop the capabilities of the member of the organizations. The Network has already held the first workshop in collaboration with the Amman Center for Human Rights Studies on cybercrime, July 21st 2018.
The JNHR, a coalition on human rights comprising Jordanian human rights NGOs, was established in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and at the initiative of the Amman Center for Human Rights. The network consists of ten Jordanian human rights organizations: the Amman Center for Human Rights Studies, the Jordanian Association for Human Rights, the Arab Women’s Association, the Association of Jordanian Women’s Solidarity (Solidarity), the Anna Anan Association for the Rights of the Disabled, Economic and Social Empowerment of Women, Manara Center for Social Justice and Human Rights, Bint Al Badia Society for Human Rights, Amman Forum for Human Rights. The statute of the network provides that it has the legal personality independent of its constituent organizations with common interest and views in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms, in addition to having a financial benefit independent of its members. The scope of the network’s activities in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Human rights locally and internationally.
The mission of the Network is to promote collective action in the field of human rights to ensure a common vision and common positions based on the principles of the International Bill of Human and Peoples’ Rights and based on the human values guaranteeing human rights and freedoms in a cooperative and complementary context
The Network seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote and develop human rights at the legislative, public policy and practice levels on the basis of respect for and implementation of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To promote the culture of human rights, democracy and the rule of law, and the associated codes of conduct at the official and civil levels.
- Building capacity and raising the effectiveness of human rights defenders, especially those working in the network’s member organizations.
- Building companies and activating dialogues in various human rights issues with government institutions, the private sector and the private sector.
- Give special attention to women’s rights
- Pay particular attention to the rights of the most vulnerable groups (children, the elderly, persons with disabilities, inmates of rehabilitation and rehabilitation centers, refugees)
- Giving attention to labor and social protection issues.
- Promote youth participation in public life
During a full month, a series of preparatory meetings was held at the initiative of the Amman Center for Human Rights Studies, in which the principles, codes of conduct and code of ethics were agreed upon in the framework of the statute that will govern the work of the network and develop its membership and programs.